Welcome to the City of Pittsville
Since its early beginning around 1887, the Pittsville area grew out of the wilderness as it was settled by lumbermen and later farmers. In 1952, Governor Kohler declared Pittsville to be the "Geographical Center of Wisconsin." Still largely a rural community located near and along the Yellow River, the Pittsville area offers all the benefits for a small, quiet community, but is within driving distance to many neighboring communities.
The Pittsville area at a glance...
- The primary industries in and around Pittsville include crop production, dairying, cranberry production and processing, forestry, trucking, pallet production, steel fabrication, as well as the paper industry.
- Variety of services available
- Friendly, small-town atmosphere
- Newly established residential areas
- Low cost of living
- Quality school system
- Located near world-class medical facilities
- Abundant recreational oppurtunities
- Healthy lifestyles
- Safe and welcoming
- Family values
- Active and involved
- Rich heritage
LOTS FOR SALE in the City of Pittsville
Buildable lots are available in three newer residential subdivisions. All within walking distance of businesses, churches, schools, social and recreation areas.
Strawberry Lane Subdivision - Contact Pete or Harvey Petersen (715) 884-2323. Provides 23 buildable lots located on the North end of the city with newly black topped streets, water/sewer, electric/gas, phone installation, curb and gutter all included at a very reasonable lot price.
Hoogesteger Subdivision on 6thAvenue, east edge of the city .
Contact James Hoogesteger - (715) 423-1213.
Dunbak Heights, south east edge of the city-Contact Duane Baker (715) 884-6897.
All of these lots offer you the following:
- Elementary School and High School “Where opportunity meets excellence!”
- Business district includes –restaurants, grocery store, post office, bank, hardware store, flower shop, bakery, beauty/barber shop, meat market, mini mart/gas station, taverns, weekly newspaper, insurance agency, antique store, tax/accounting service, assisted living center and funeral home.
- Physical Therapy Center, Dental, Optical and Chiropractic offices.
- Pittsville EMS Advanced Life Support and fire protection. The area is served by Air ambulance-Spirit of Marshfield
- New fully equipped library including computers with internet access for public use.
- Large Community Center available.
- Various Civic Organizations.
- Beautiful park area with tennis/basketball/volley ball courts, baseball diamond, playground and picnic areas.
- Local job openings in warehousing and light manufacturing.
- Great place to raise a family.
If you are looking to build/relocate or if you want to live in a quiet community atmosphere within driving distance of two larger cities, medical facilities and now 12 minutes from the new Highway 10 - PITTSVILLE HAS SOMETHING TO OFFER YOU!!
Please contact the office of the City Clerk/Treasurer for more information on these areas, or others in the City you may be interested in, at (715) 884-2422.