Please be sure to follow CDC recommended guidelines (wear a mask; keep 6 feet apart; sanitize) when you need to be out and about in Pittsville. Let’s keep Pittsville going strong into the New Year!
- If you received an Absentee Ballot and have not returned it, please return it as soon as possible. You can also drop it off at the Clerk’s office or put it in the Absentee Drop Box on the railing by the Clerk’s office at 5318 1st Avenue.
- You may also vote an Absentee Ballot In Person at the Clerk’s Office at the normal office hours: M, T, Th, F from 8-12 and 1-4 and Wed from 12-7 pm. The last day to vote in the Clerk’s office is Friday, October 30th until 5:00 pm.
- Deadlines to request an Absentee Ballot by mail or by myvote.wi.gov: October 29th at 5:00 pm for regular and overseas voters; October 30th at 5:00 pm for indefinitely confined and military voters.
- If you prefer to vote on Election Day, the polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Community Hall (5291 3rd Avenue). All safety precautions are in place. Masks and hand sanitizers will be available and social distancing will be implemented. Each station will be sanitized after every voter. There are plexiglass safety shields by the poll workers and individual pens are also available for every voter to use.
- If you are not registered, you may register in the Clerk’s office until 5:00 pm on Friday, October 30th. You may also register at the polling place on Election Day. You will need to have resided at your address for 28 days prior to the election and have proper proof of residence.
- You will need Photo ID for In-Person Absentee Voting and also for voting at the polls on Election Day.
- Curbside voting will be available if you are unable to enter the polling place due to disability, you are immunocompromised, or have been exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19. Use the door bell provided or the phone number listed (715-884-6772) to call for assistance.
A revaluation of property assessments in the City of Pittsville shall occur for the 2020 assessment year. The approximate date of the revaluation notices being sent to property owners is expected to be no later than July 13, 2020. Please also notice that the Assessor has certain statutory authority to enter land as described in Sections 943.13 and 943.15, Wisconsin Statutes.
The ability to enter land is subect to several qualifications and limitations, as described within the foregoing statutes. Copies of the applicable statutes can be obtained at public depositories throughout the State of Wisconsin, and from the State of Wisconsin Legislative Reference Bureau website (www.legis.state.wi.us/rsb/stats/html) or a copy may be obtained from the municipal clerk upon payment of applicable copying charges.
The City of Pittsville is seeking Proposals from qualified individuals, contractors or corporations for the construction and completion of a nicely-appointed duplex in the City of Pittsville. The City is offering $9000 for this incentive. The duplex must have a minimum of 2 bedrooms for each side, a minimum of a 2-car garage for each side and a utility room or basement. Open concept floor plan is preferred. A candidate for this incentive will provide a proposed floor plan with three elevation views. The City will review proposals at City Council meetings. The City will grant this incentive to the proposal/proposals deemed to be in the best interest of the City and reserves the right to decline any or all proposals. The successful proposal/proposals will enter into a development agreement with the City of Pittsville. The duplex must be completed by November 30, 2020. A penalty for non-completion will be $2000 per year.
Please submit proposals to the City of Pittsville, 5318 First Avenue, P.O. Box 100, Pittsville, WI 54466. Due date for proposals is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2020.
You may call the Clerk’s office with any questions: 715-884-2422
CHANGE OF DATE: There will be a Special Election on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 for the seat held by 7th District Representative Sean Duffy who resigned. If a primary is needed, that election will be held on Tuesday, February 18, 2020 in conjunction with the 2020 Spring Primary. The polling place is in the Community Hall located at 5291 Third Avenue. Election hours are 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.